[Mesa-dev] [r300g] Visuals not found in (default) depth = 24

Mathieu Malaterre malat at debian.org
Fri Apr 22 07:02:18 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I am trying to resurrect an old effort:

https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-dev/2013-December/050218.html

After some exchanges with Oded Gabbay and Michel Dänzer, it appears
that I should be able to import some of the changes made lately on
r600 onto r300.

Apparently the interesting ones would be those [*]. I've been trying
to compare the r600 and the r300 codebase but they are greatly
different. So I was wondering if anyone would be able to provide some
guidance on how to apply one of the patch listed in this email over to
r300 driver codebase.

For a start I'd like to start with git commit 4b7e219, how can I apply
something equivalent to r300_texture.c ?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks much.

[*]
d3c98c7 r600g: Move R600_BIG_ENDIAN to r600_pipe_common.h
914d496 radeonsi: Do colorformat endian swap for PIPE_USAGE_STAGING
ef5183f r600g: Do colorformat endian swap for PIPE_USAGE_STAGING
a640ad1 gallium/radeon: disable evergreen_do_fast_color_clear for BE
e3dfc0e gallium/r600: Don't let h/w do endian swap for colorformat
9559071 gallium/radeon: remove separate BE path in r600_translate_colorswap
439b5b0 gallium/radeon: return correct values for BE in r600_translate_colorswap
ff8b41b gallium: remove duplicate define from enum pipe_format
4b7e219 gallium/radeon: Correctly translate colorswaps for big endian