[Mesa-dev] [android-x86-devel] [RFC 0/7] android: enable llvmpipe for software rendering

Roland Scheidegger sroland at vmware.com
Thu Apr 28 17:35:05 UTC 2016

Am 28.04.2016 um 17:52 schrieb Chih-Wei Huang:
> I clearly understand this point.
> Actually I've spent several days to try to
> make it work on the master branch.
> That's why it was delayed -- I supposed to send them
> in the last week.
> > However, the master branch is always broken for android.
> There are a lot of build break I need to fix and workaround
> or I can't test it. After fixed all the errors and built it OK,
> however, it didn't work as expected.
> The system boots to Home but all display is garbled.
> I'm not sure if I made some mistakes on
> fixing the building errors or there are some changes
> that really broke these patches.
> (the latest commit I've tried in the master is 32cb7d61)
> I finally decide to give it up and send them as the current status.
> (otherwise it will take too much of my time and delay
> my other pending tasks)
>
> Unfortunately the situation is most mesa developers
> don't care android so they usually break android build
> or functions. Unless the situation is changed it's very hard
> for us to follow the master branch closely.

I suppose if it's possible to set up some build bot for it which sends
out emails complaining when it breaks that would help with the build
failures.
That wouldn't of course help with bugs which aren't build breaking -
you'd have to use master branch for your testing (because as you noted,
noone else will, so if you don't you will always notice bugs too late
making them much harder to track down).

Roland