[Mesa-dev] [android-x86-devel] [RFC 0/7] android: enable llvmpipe for software rendering

Rob Herring robh at kernel.org
Thu Apr 28 19:53:02 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Jose Fonseca <jfonseca at vmware.com> wrote:
> On 28/04/16 19:50, Rob Herring wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 12:35 PM, Roland Scheidegger <sroland at vmware.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I suppose if it's possible to set up some build bot for it which sends
>>> out emails complaining when it breaks that would help with the build
>>> failures.
>>

>> I have that in my plans, but it is not there yet. I'm updating to
>> master at least weekly and fixing things, but new breakage seems to
>> happen faster than getting fixes committed. I'm usually the one fixing
>> the breakage. Given most people don't have an Android tree, having
>> them fix build problems is not all that realistic. I'll happily test
>> the fixes though.
>>
>> BTW, the latest break is from "i965/fs_surface_builder: Add a helper
>> for converting GL to ISL formats."
>>
>> Rob
>

> Is using autotools or SCons for Android really impossible?

I looked into autotools and there are some tools to help with using
them for Android builds. They don't look too active and I'd guess
you'd replace screwing with the Android.mk with screwing with the
tool. I know nothing about SCons, but had the impression it breaks
frequently too.

Seems like the Google folks are up to something with the autotools, so
may be they have some solution in the works.

Rob