[Mesa-dev] [android-x86-devel] [RFC 7/7] android: support swrast

Mauro Rossi issor.oruam at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 21:01:44 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm an update about external/llvm status

android-n-preview-2 switched to llvm 3.8.0, the following branch has AMDGPU
patches,
even if named after marshamallow, changes were made on top llvm 3.8.0,
after aosp switched with android-n-preview2:

https://github.com/maurossi/llvm/tree/marshmallow-x86_llvm380_WIP2

NOTE: the latest branch is untested because I could not complete build with
marshmallow and I did not dare to try building master,
before Chih-Wei porting.

The important thing is that between n-preview-1 and n-preview-2  (and AOSP
master before N-preview2) moved to llvm 3.8.0,
but I found in three distinct trials (master, n-preview-1, n-preview-2)
that llvm3.8.0 would break marshmallow-x86 build,
I have record of the build errors if needed.

As a final note I would recommend not to use the same llvm version for
different Android versions,
we tried that in the past and there were several build breakages,
so lollipop-x86 requires llvm 3.5.0, marshmallow-x86 requires 3.7.0 and
android-n will require 3.8.0

Mauro