[Mesa-dev] what happened to libgallium.so ?

Jose Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Wed Aug 3 17:46:22 UTC 2016

libgallium.so was an awful idea.

Just a few days ago we had an internal bug report because libgallium.so
symbols were clashing with the application symbols.

This is because all that libgallium.so export all gallium symbols, even
though they have no unique prefix -- it uses common symbols like util_*
or os_* which can easily be used by the app internally...

Awful idea.

Jose