[Mesa-dev] c99 vs v90

Jose Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Wed Aug 3 21:28:59 UTC 2016

On 03/08/16 09:43, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
> On 03.08.2016 09:47, Timothy Arceri wrote:
>
>> The current requirement for Mesa is MSVC 2013 so any compat workarounds
>> for functionality supported by that version can be dropped.
>>
>> A bunch of stuff has been dropped already but feel free to find any
>> remaining code.

Right.  We no longer need to be constrained by C90.  MSVC 2013 has
fairly decent C99 support.

There are minor inconsistencies.  For example, it doesn't support
__func__,  but doing

   #define __func__ __FUNCTION__

suffices to make __func__ work compatible.

Also MSVC C++ doesn't support many C99 that are not part of C++.  Where
as GNU C++ munches all.

> hmm, I dont have any msvc here (actually, no windows at all), but I
> could prepare patches, which other people could test.

You could make a fork on github and then register with AppVeyor.

See the comments on the top of mesa/appveyor.yml

Jose