[Mesa-dev] cairo as state tracker

Nicolai Hähnle nhaehnle at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 11:16:43 UTC 2016

On 06.08.2016 10:49, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
> On 05.08.2016 17:36, Ilia Mirkin wrote:
>> The idea is that gallium is an unstable unversioned API, and if you want
>> something else, then you make a state tracker which exposes a stable
>> API.
>
> That's exactly what I intend: cario.

Well, in your first mail it sounded like you wanted to stabilize the
Gallium API itself. So to clarify, if you add a state tracker whose code
lives in the Mesa repository, and this state tracker is a thin layer
that exposes a stable API which is then consumed by Cairo, then I think
people will be fine with that.

Cheers,
Nicolai