[Mesa-dev] Moving amdgpu/addrlib into a git submodule

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 20:12:38 UTC 2016

> tbh, git submodules are more annoying than they need to be, and I'm
> not really terribly excited to use that for something that is a build
> dependency.  Maybe just move it into libdrm instead?

I've only had to use git submodules once with spice project, and it
was a nightmare. It makes packaging etc a real pita.

Alternatives are something like a fetch external sources script,
that does git submodules but does it better, you'll see Vulkan-CTS
etc use something like that, it would have to be integrated with
the build system a bit better though.

Dave.