[Mesa-dev] Moving amdgpu/addrlib into a git submodule

Mathias Fröhlich Mathias.Froehlich at gmx.net
Sat Aug 13 07:57:54 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Friday, 12 August 2016 12:15:52 CEST Nicolai Hähnle wrote:
> I take it this means `git bisect` becomes unusable? At least it looks
> like it after a bit of playing around with it. That seems like a
> show-stopper :(

git bisect skip does this job.
But it's pretty surprising if you step on that and dont' know and being even
more far off to understand whats going on.
That's what I meant with 'needs special care'.

You may be able to get asistance for a hand driven process of merging by
subtree merge together with producing patches that get applied with git am
without that surprising second merge parent.
May be an addrlib upstream repository that generates the required mesa side
upstream patch files already with the changed file paths by hook scripts helps
somehow? And for the other direction as well using hooks in the mesa upstream?
No automatic pushes, but at least nothing gets lost and diverges too far.
... just to trigger ideas.

best
Mathias