[Mesa-dev] FW: build and run gallium on Intel platform

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 15:29:24 UTC 2016

On 24 August 2016 at 15:57, Eric Engestrom <eric.engestrom at imgtec.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 12:48:45PM +0000, Weng, Chuanbo wrote:
>> Hi Eric,
>>                Could you please guide me the process? Thanks!
>
> Happy to help, but you should really ask mesa-dev at lists.freedesktop.org,
> not to mention that your company is Mesa's second biggest contributor,
> so I'm sure you have many colleagues able to help you :)

Ilia is spot on here - i915 is for older hardware, ilo is the one you
want here.

> All these `--with*=*` arguments take comma-separated list, so you can
> add `,ilo` for instance if you want (I don't know it).
> Besides, when developing you really want to keep it at the minimum
> needed to work, both to make it faster to compile and to make sure you
> don't test an other code path than the one you're working on by
> accidentally loading another driver without realizing it. Don't make the
> same mistakes I did ^^
>
> If you're running on X, you'll also need DRI & EGL:
> --with-dri-drivers=i915,i965
These are not a good idea - i915 is for older hardware, while the list
in general pis for classic dri drivers. Thus (with the rename below)
you'll have conflict since there'll be two identically named files -
i965_dri.so

> --with-egl-platforms=x11
> (you set this one to `drm` in your attempt; which platform are you
> trying to use?)

If in doubt use both ...=x11,drm. There'll be a link against X
libraries, although you won't need a running X instance.

>> But failed when run eglinfo in mesa demos:
>>                GBM platform:
>> gbm: failed to open any driver (search paths /usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib/dri)
>> gbm: Last dlopen error: /usr/local/lib/dri/i965_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> Make sure you actually install the .so files to one of these locations :)

Again Ilia is spot on - in the ilo case we explicitly use the 'wrong'
name (ilo_dri.so) for all the reasons he mentioned. Opt for
linking/renaming the file.

Thanks
Emil