[Mesa-dev] Mesa 13.1.0 release plan

Timothy Arceri timothy.arceri at collabora.com
Thu Dec 1 22:38:26 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-11-30 at 20:23 +0000, Emil Velikov wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> With holidays not far off, it might be a nice idea to consider the
> branchpoint/release schedule for the next release.
>
> I will be having limited internet access during 20 Dec - 7 Jan, thus
> the I'm leaning towards following:
>  Jan 13 2017 - Feature freeze/Release candidate 1
>  Jan 20 2017 - Release candidate 2
>  Jan 27 2017 - Release candidate 3
>  Feb 03 2017 - Release candidate 4/final release
>
> How does this align with people's schedules ?
>
> Please let me know if you have any work we want to land before the
> next branchpoint.

I'd really like to land the on-disk shader cache (although disabled by
default for this release).

Bump again for reviews on these series:

https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/15613/

https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/15775/

https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/16072/

There are a lot of patches but they really are pretty straight forward
especially in the first two series. Most of this can land separately so
once again even partial reviews appreciated.

We have a lot of interest from users and from Valve in this series so
it would be a shame to let it slip yet another release.

Thanks,
Tim