[Mesa-dev] Potentially EOL ilo gallium driver

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 15:07:05 UTC 2016

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 8:42 AM, Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 December 2016 at 03:16, Edward O'Callaghan
> <funfunctor at folklore1984.net> wrote:
>> This patch is to potentially remove ourself from the maintaince
>> burden of the ilo driver that appears to now be essentially
>> unmaintained?
>>
>> I am not sure of our policy here or if there are too many
>> users so this patch is really only to gauge a response of
>> how folks feel?
>>
> Surely you want to CC the core/sole developer of the driver when
> considering its removal.
> Maybe mailman was "nice" and hid his email in the header ;-)
>
> Either way adding Chia-I Wu to the list.
>
> -Emil
> P.S. Not sure/sold how much of an actual burden the driver is, yet I
> don't make serious gallium infra changes.

I don't know that there is that much burden.  One could argue that
pretty much all drivers for old hw are largely unmaintained.  Consider
the r300 or i915 on the gallium side or radeon or r200 or i915 on the
classic mesa side.  That said, I don't do that much work in mesa so I
defer to those that do.

Alex