[Mesa-dev] Potentially EOL ilo gallium driver

Chia-I Wu olvaffe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 01:49:30 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Sorry for the slow response.  I think it is fine to drop the driver :(

Not because the driver is currently unmaintained, which is very true
and is a very good reason, but that there is now a Intel Vulkan
driver.  Vulkan is somewhat as low-level as Gallium is (or even
lower-level).  The driver has most things I like to see as well (low
CPU overhead, minimal/predictable heap allocation, generated register
descriptions, etc.).  Sorry for the confusions and burdens it bring to
others, and thanks to the few individuals/groups who find it useful
for their needs at various times.