[Mesa-dev] Proposal of date-based Mesa versioning for 2017

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 19:01:12 UTC 2016

[Re-adding mesa-maintainers]

On 12 December 2016 at 18:08, Laurent Carlier <lordheavym at gmail.com> wrote:
> Le lundi 12 décembre 2016, 17:57:28 CET Marek Olšák a écrit :
>>
>> I second that. YY.AA where YY=year, AA \in {0,1,2,3}.
>>
>> Marek
>
> I agree, using month is really confusing

Similar to the "libudev is no longer required by mesa" in the 13.0.0
release notes ;-)
Sorry I could not resist.

So barring any compelling reason(s) to use month and a bunch of
volunteers to clear the confusion things will be YY.A.P.
I.e. the only difference between the new scheme is that major is
bumped to reflect the year.

Gents, please don't forget to cast your ack/nack on the secondary
topic - dropping $VERSION directory in the URL.

Thanks
Emil