[Mesa-dev] [AMD] Screen flickering with 4K and RX 480, would be glad to help debugging

Romain Failliot romain.failliot at foolstep.com
Sat Dec 31 19:55:31 UTC 2016

Hi!

I've recently bought a 4K display and an RX 480, but I've got some
troubles with Dota when using high settings. I've created a thread on
Phoronix forum (because maybe other people have the same problem...):

https://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum/linux-graphics-x-org-drivers/open-source-amd-linux/921416-screen-flickering-with-an-rx-480-dota-2-4k-full-settings

The idea is not to have support (I know this mailing list isn't for
that), but to try to find the source of the problem. Maybe it's a
hardware problem (that's on my side), but maybe it's a driver problem.

I'd be glad to give you any logs, outputs, info you ask.
For instance, is there a log somewhere where we can see that the
display actually tried to change it's resolution?

Thanks!

--
Romain "Creak" Failliot