[Mesa-dev] change 396cbab, configs with accumulation buffer

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Mon Feb 22 09:41:38 UTC 2016

On Monday, February 22, 2016 8:06:35 AM PST Tapani Pälli wrote:
> Hi Marek;
>
> Was this commit fixing some issues/problems? Why would we not expose
> configs with accumulation buffer?
>
> --- 8< ---
> commit 396cbabbefaae64deac6d33c79898bb07db8a621
> Author: Marek Olšák <marek.olsak at amd.com>
> Date:   Thu Apr 9 23:25:07 2015 +0200
>
>      egl/dri: don't expose configs with an accumulation buffer
>
> Thanks;
>
> // Tapani

Assuming it's legal not to expose them, it would certainly be nice.
Accumulation buffers only exist in legacy GL (neither core profile nor
GLES have ever had them), and our GLX implementation has marked them
as "SLOW" for at least 12 years.

I don't recall the details, but I think it was some awful software
fallback.  At any rate, I've never seen an application use them.

--Ken