[Mesa-dev] [Libva] vaPutSurface never returns

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 18:29:43 UTC 2016

[Dropping libvdpau and libva from the CC list]

On 19 February 2016 at 20:02, Vasilis Liaskovitis <vliaskov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Was about to mention the same thing as Christian :-)
>>
>> Vasilis, is there any reason why you're using vdpau + the vdpau to
>> vaapi adapter, as opposed to the gallium vaapi target directly ?
>

> Someone on #radeon mentioned to not use vaapi mesa driver on radeon. Is this
> driver supposed to work on amd GPUs?

While I don't own or work with these cards I'm pretty sure that things
should work.

> I have tried using vaapi driver from oibaf/graphics-drivers, which has mesa
> 11.2~git1602191930.e6f1a4~gd~t
>
> vainfo output:
> libva info: VA-API version 0.38.1
> libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
> libva info: Trying to open
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_drv_video.so
> libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_38
> libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
> vainfo: VA-API version: 0.38 (libva 1.6.2)
> vainfo: Driver version: mesa gallium vaapi
> vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints

Just to confirm: you did set LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME in the above example ?

To keep things consolidated in one place I'd suggest opening a bug at
https://bugs.freedesktop.org, product Mesa, component
drivers/gallium/radeonsi. Please attach backtraces and other
information in there.

If you can flesh out a short program that reproduces the issue that'll
be amazing.

Thanks
Emil