[Mesa-dev] V3 On disk shader cache for i965 (Now with real world results!)

Grazvydas Ignotas notasas at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 17:21:02 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jul 9, 2016 at 10:02 AM, Timothy Arceri
<timothy.arceri at collabora.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-07-01 at 14:12 +1000, Timothy Arceri wrote:
>> On Thu, 2016-06-30 at 00:59 +0300, Grazvydas Ignotas wrote:
>> >
>> > Steps to reproduce:
>> > rm -rf ~/.cache/mesa
>> > MESA_GLSL_CACHE_ENABLE=1 glretrace -b Soma_slow_trim.x86_64.trace
>> > MESA_GLSL_CACHE_ENABLE=1 glretrace -b Soma.bin.x86_64.trace # from
>> > bug 92229
>> >
>> > The first one should hit an assert due to reasons unrelated to
>> > cache,
>> > after that playing the second one crashes on free() due to some
>> > corruption for me. If you remove the "bad" cache and just play the
>> > second one, it works with empty and it's own full cache.
>>
>> I couldn't hit a crash using this method. However these traces do hit
>> bug with the previous hack I did that could be the problem you are
>> seeing. I've pushed a fix to the same branch.
>>
>> Now I'm trying to track down a problem where the walls and floor in
>> the
>> room are missing in the trace from the bug on the first run. They are
>> there in the second run so it seems like another bug in the fallback
>> code.
>
> Not sure if you are still interested in testing but I've just pushed
> some updates to the shader-cache branch. These replace the missing
> shader source hack with a proper solution, fix some UBO bugs and fix a
> couple of other issues noticed alone the way.
>
> More than happy for you to point out further issues :)

I think I still have some more:
- running 32bit program after 64bit version of the same thing (or vice
versa) leads to segfaults and assert hits. Probably easiest to build
32bit and 64bit apitrace and play some traces.
- a trace from comment 2 of bug 96624 doesn't seem to render on cache.

Other than that my traces and games seem to be fine, will report in
case I encounter anything else.

GraÅžvydas