[Mesa-dev] glxinfo page - you too can now update it

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Sun Jul 10 16:29:13 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

As many of you are no doubt aware, I've been maintaining my glxinfo
page which shows, by hardware group, which extensions are supported.
If you haven't seen it already, this is available at
https://people.freedesktop.org/~imirkin/glxinfo/ . The hope is that
this information can be useful to application developers, who would
know which extensions/GL versions are safe to target, across Mesa
versions. [And it also has a "Vendor" driver version for easy
comparison to other driver providers.]

I've recently set up a git repository to house all of the data. You
can see it here: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~imirkin/glxinfo . I've
set up the permissions so that anyone in the mesa group can push to
it. Furthermore, I've set up ~imirkin/public_html/glxinfo as a clone
of that repo, and anyone in the mesa group can do a "git pull" there
as well.

The idea is that individual hw driver developers can now add their
hardware to this page without going through me. The process is
outlined at https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~imirkin/glxinfo/tree/README
. Some operations aren't covered here, like how to add new hw groups,
and probably other bits. If you have any questions, happy to answer.

While I won't be policing anything, please try to make sure that
what's shown is a reflection of what actual end-users of the released
software will end up seeing, not what you can see when you have a ton
of patches to the kernel, llvm, or whatever else.

Cheers,

  -ilia