[Mesa-dev] ANNOUNCE: An open-source Vulkan driver for Intel hardware

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Tue Mar 1 11:21:47 UTC 2016

On Tuesday, March 1, 2016 11:10:25 AM PST Martin Peres wrote:
> On 29/02/16 20:48, Jason Ekstrand wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 2:18 AM, Olivier Galibert <galibert at pobox.com
> > <mailto:galibert at pobox.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Ok, I can tell you that 3DSTATE_DEPTH_BUFFER and
> >     3DSTATE_STENCIL_BUFFER seem perfectly correct (assuming the gem
> >     address-patching-in works for the depth buffer address). I'll see if
> >     I can find a past version that works.
> >

> > FYI, this hang has been fixed now and most of the demos work more-or-less.
> > --Jason
>
> Just tried the vkcube with hsw and there is definitely an improvements
> (the machine does not hard hang anymore) but vkcube now segfaults:
>
> #0  0x00007ffff5210f23 in anv_descriptor_set_create () from
> /usr/lib/libvulkan_intel.so
> #1  0x00007ffff521121d in anv_AllocateDescriptorSets () from
> /usr/lib/libvulkan_intel.so
> #2  0x00000000004063b0 in ?? ()
> #3  0x00000000004035df in ?? ()
> #4  0x0000000000404986 in ?? ()
> #5  0x000000000040589f in ?? ()
> #6  0x00007ffff6aa9710 in __libc_start_main () from /usr/lib/libc.so.6
> #7  0x0000000000402e69 in ?? ()
>
> Is it supposed to?
>
> I will have a look at it tonight.
>
> Martin

Taking a stab in the dark here...

Do you have CONFIG_MMU_NOTIFIER enabled in your kernel?  You need that
for userptr to work, which is used for allocating everything (including
descriptor sets).

Otherwise, you might try clean builds.  Also, make sure you're running
vkcube from here: https://github.com/krh/vkcube