[Mesa-dev] LLVMInitializeAMDGPU* undefined?

Chih-Wei Huang cwhuang at android-x86.org
Mon Mar 14 02:19:26 UTC 2016

> On Fri, 2016-03-11 at 10:09 +0800, Chih-Wei Huang wrote:
>> cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
>>

>> But I'm still not sure whether if it should be fixed on the mesa
>> side.
>>
>> So my question is, what kind of fix do we want (i.e., acceptable by
>> the upstream)?
>
> this is the result of using llvm without AMDGPU backend. the header
> "llvm-c/Target.h" includes "llvm/Config/Targets.def" and declares
> functions based on backends listed there (selected at llvm build time).
>
> Your "llvm/Config/Targets.def" needs to include this line:
> LLVM_TARGET(AMDGPU)

Ah, thank you for pointed it out.
Originally I thought adding Android.mk for AMDGPU is enough.
I'll try to add this.

Anything else we need to do to "enable" AMDGPU backend?

> otherwise the functions are not declared.
> probably the only patch needed on mesa side is to detect this at
> configure time.

Android doesn't need configure.
What we need is to detect Android version then
we know the llvm version it uses and what backends it has.
The patch is already in android-x86 codebase but
probably not submited to mesa-dev yet.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project