[Mesa-dev] [android-x86-devel] Re: gralloc_drm_pipe

Chih-Wei Huang cwhuang at android-x86.org
Thu Mar 24 02:14:48 UTC 2016

[deleted]

> [*] the caveat there is vmwgfx stuff which seems to want to do blits..
> although I'm not entirely sure why or if that is even still requires
> w/ newer vmware players.  But if vmwgfx still really needs the blit
> path, I guess they could still keep using gralloc_drm instead of
> switching to gralloc_gbm ;-)

Did you mean this chunk in gralloc_drm_pipe.c?

       if (strcmp(pm->driver, "vmwgfx") == 0) {
               drm->mode_quirk_vmwgfx = 1;
               drm->swap_mode = DRM_SWAP_COPY;
       }
       else {
               drm->mode_quirk_vmwgfx = 0;
               drm->swap_mode = DRM_SWAP_FLIP;
       }

In my last hacking of gralloc_drm_pipe.c
for vmwgfx, it seems flip just work.
Actually I have tried the two paths but
can't find any explicit differences.
(at least for VM Player 12 I tested)
I guess the blit path isn't needed anymore
so I just removed it:

https://sourceforge.net/p/android-x86/external_drm_gralloc/ci/c04133951d10c4c17c0dfc9b86144b5a5957e17c/
(I need this hacking because pm->driver was removed
by Rohb's "pipe: use gallium loader function")

BTW, the above chunk was written by Chia-I Wu
(commit db29afe6).
He is probably the only one who can explain it better.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project