[Mesa-dev] Meaning of "DONE (core only)"

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Thu Mar 31 18:35:29 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 2:10 PM, Romain Failliot
<romain.failliot at foolstep.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Two extensions have been recently flagged "DONE (core only)".
> From what we understood [1], it means that it's done in mesa, but drivers
> need to implement it.
>
> So, first: is that it?

Yes. (More like enable it... no implementation necessary as those are
all covered by existing functionality, but don't quite map 1:1 with
the enables. Or require additional bits of subtlety.)

> And, second: if it is, could we change for the syntax made for it: "DONE
> ()"?

I dunno... I think that's confusing. My take is (and always has been)
that the point of GL3.txt is to coordinate amongst developers, so
clarity is paramount. Anyways, I don't super care, if people want to
switch it up, go ahead.

  -ilia