[Mesa-dev] [android-x86-devel] Re: gralloc_drm_pipe

Jaap Jan Meijer jjmeijer88 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 18:40:50 UTC 2016

Op donderdag 31 maart 2016 13:02:36 UTC+2 schreef Chih-Wei Huang:

> > On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 2:49 PM, Jaap Jan Meijer <jjmei... at gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
> >>
> >> First of all, thanks for the hard work!
> >>
> >> Only one problem I noticed so far: when enabling virgl in drm_gralloc
> but
> >> without support in MESA, MESA / drm_gralloc (?) will just crash during
> >> initialization. I don't think it's that important but when I'm only
> using
> >> i915 it shouldn't really need to crash because of this?
> >
> > The only thing I can see is if load_pipe_screen is NULL, but
> > gallium_dri.so is present. Not completely sure if that is possible,
> > but I've pushed a fix to check load_pipe_screen to my android-m
> > branch.

Thanks for the patch, I tested it on both x86 and x64 kernels and it
doesn't crash anymore, previously it did on both.

Thanks for the fix. I'll apply it.
> But Jaap uses i915 which is a classical driver.
> I doubt if it's related to the gallium_dri.so.
>
> Jaap, did you use a 64-bit kernel to test?

You are right but because of the driver selection strategy chosen in
gralloc_drm.c it will always first try the pipe driver whenever it is
enabled.