[Mesa-dev] [RFC] add MAINTAINERS and get_maintainer.pl script

Eric Engestrom eric.engestrom at imgtec.com
Wed May 4 17:04:16 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 03, 2016 at 11:11:56AM -0400, Rob Clark wrote:

> Ok, I've renamed to REVIEWERS and scripts/get_reviewer.pl and updated
> the verbage appropriately.

scripts/get_reviewer.pl still obeys .get_maintainer.conf and
.get_maintainer.ignore. Is that something we want to make more
consistent?

> I think I'll go ahead and push it this afternoon if nobody screams.
> No formal ack-by's, but a handful of yeah-thats-a-good-idea-by's and
> no objections so far.

I just tested it, and it barfed some UTF8-as-ASCII at me, along with
an error message and some text that shouldn't be there:

  Bad divisor in main::vcs_assign: 0
  (cc-cmd) Adding cc: "GitAuthor: Jason Ekstrand" <jason.ekstrand at intel.com> from: 'scripts/get_reviewer.pl'
  (cc-cmd) Adding cc: =?UTF-8?q?GitAuthor=3A=20Kristian=20H=C3=B8gsberg?= <kristian.h.kristensen at intel.com> from: 'scripts/get_reviewer.pl'
  (cc-cmd) Adding cc: Chad Versace <chad.versace at intel.com> from: 'scripts/get_reviewer.pl'
  (cc-cmd) Adding cc: =?UTF-8?q?Kristian=20H=C3=B8gsberg?= <krh at sweater.jf.intel.com> from: 'scripts/get_reviewer.pl'

The UTF-8 markup *might* be necessary if whatever consumes this doesn't
understand actual UTF-8, but the error and the extra "GitAuthor: "
definitely don't belong :]

Cheers,
  Eric