[Mesa-dev] Mesa 11.2.2 problems with Intel i965 graphics on Arch Linux

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Sat May 14 17:06:14 UTC 2016

On Saturday, May 14, 2016 8:55:12 AM PDT Vanja Z wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. Upgrading from mesa
11.2.1 to 11.2.2 on Arch Linux results in several programs not working. I am
getting the following errors when launching Paraview for example,

> libGL error: unable to load driver: i965_dri.so
> libGL error: driver pointer missing
> libGL error: failed to load driver: i965
> libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
> libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
>
> Both files exist on my system,
>
> /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/i965_dri.so
> /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/swrast_dri.so
>
> I am not sure if this is a problem with mesa, or with the Arch package or
with my X configuration. I've tried asking on the Arch forums to no avail.

> Best regards,
> Vanja

This is likely an issue with your installation.
Setting LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose when running the application would give
you more information.

If some programs are working and not others, it could be a multilib
issue - maybe your lib32-mesa packages are messed up?

--Ken