[Mesa-dev] Mesa 11.3.0/12.0.0 release plan

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Tue May 17 11:25:35 UTC 2016

Hi all,

On 17 May 2016 at 12:10, Alejandro PiƱeiro <apinheiro at igalia.com> wrote:
> On 17/05/16 01:42, Kenneth Graunke wrote:
>> On Saturday, May 14, 2016 4:05:17 PM PDT Emil Velikov wrote:
>>> Gents am I missing something or not many of the fp64/va64 patches have
>>> landed yet ? The proposed branchpoint is a week away, so I'd like to
>>> hear your thoughts on how long you think is going to take to land the
>>> work.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Emil
>> Hi Emil,
>>
>> It sounds like we're on track to land va64 this week, bringing i965
>> up to OpenGL 4.2, with no delays to the release schedule.
>
> We have just pushed the va64 patches. Sorry for the delay. Our plan was
> send first the piglit series that added the extra tests we wrote while
> developing the extension, and even send an alternative version of the
> two NAK'ed patches.

I think you and the team mostly work on things which require all the
bits to be in place (and working) before getting things
tested/reviewed.

If there is a way to conditionally (envvar or alike?) enable certain
codepaths during development, this way you can test things easier and
there will be a few patch-bombs less, and reviewers can look at them
gradually.

> But after a brief chat with Kenneth, we agreed that it would be better
> to push now the reviewed patches, and working on the other stuff during
> the following days.

With the above said, yes please. Commit to master the work that's
reviewed, considering it's (somewhat) independent from your other
patches.

Ken,

I think we're fine if we shift things by a week, esp. since you've
mentioned it a few weeks back. Please, let's not make it much more
than that.

> Thanks everybody for the patience.

You're quote ok Alejandro. Thanks for all the great work you at the
team are doing.

Regards,
Emil