[Mesa-dev] CI job for Android builds

Jose Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Tue May 17 22:28:09 UTC 2016

On 17/05/16 23:21, Rob Clark wrote:
> On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 6:14 PM, Jose Fonseca <jfonseca at vmware.com> wrote:
>> On 17/05/16 22:43, Rob Clark wrote:

>>> Great idea!
>>>
>>> I think appveyor (windows CI build) just spams all of mesa-dev for
>>> build breaks.. and I guess I don't see a reason not to do that for
>>> android CI builds as well.
>>>

>> What do you mean by "spams"?  Do you mean to say the AppVeyor traffic is too
>> much?
>>

> only meant that it sends it to the whole list (and I'm not saying that
> is a bad thing).. don't read too much into my choice of words ;-)
>

>> FYI, the notification settings are set such that AppVeyor does _not_ email
>> for _every_ failure.  It emails when the build goes from passing -> failed,
>> or failed -> passed.
>>
>> So, if the Windows build breaks while all Windows maitainers are on
>> vacation, there should be no spam.
>>
>> The only situation where there's spam is when there are intermetting build
>> failures.  We've seen a few of those (due to infrastructure issues), but
>> thankfully not too often.
>>

>> I recommend similar notification settings.  Too many emails: everybody
>> ignores, or will setup rules to hide those emails.  No emails: nobody
>> notices.
>>

> yeah, that is a good point.. not too familiar w/ Jenkins but if it has
> similar settings, that sounds like a good idea..

I also use Jenkins, and indeed it has similar capabilities through the
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Email-ext+plugin

There are two ways:
1) to trigger email on 1st Failure and 1st Pass
2) to trigger email on status changes

Option 2) is easier, but it has the downside that it will also send
notificiations in a few more cases that are not interesting (like
manually interrupted builds.)