[Mesa-dev] Mesa 11.1.4

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Wed May 18 20:39:01 UTC 2016

On 18 May 2016 at 16:15, enpeng xu <enpengxu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Emil,
> I just downloaded mesa-11.1.4 and found glsl_lexer.cpp was in the release
> source code,
> further more, in the file, there are some absolute path generated from flex
> like this:
>
> #line 1 "/home/emil/development/mesa/src/glsl/glsl_lexer.ll"
> #line 2 "/home/emil/development/mesa/src/glsl/glsl_lexer.ll"

Good thing there is nothing secret in there ;-) I'll look at what
caused/how to prevent these for the future.
Thanks !

> anyway, that's not a big issue, but i believe these auto generated files
> should not be included in the release source code, or there are some reason
> to do it?

Including generated files in the release tarball is intentional. The
goal is that the normal builder should not require any generators (be
that standard or some exotic ones) but only a normal build toolchain
to produce the final binaries.

If people don't want to use them, they can always use a `make *clean'
target, depending on their exact needs.

That said, if we get consensus that we shouldn't ship them I can make
that happen.

Regards,
Emil