[Mesa-dev] Drivers/Gallium/swr is missing from the list of Mesa components when entering a new bug

Rowley, Timothy O timothy.o.rowley at intel.com
Sat May 28 11:40:55 UTC 2016

> On May 27, 2016, at 7:10 AM, Rob Clark <robdclark at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 5:39 AM, Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Such requests should be filed in bugzilla itself:
>>>
>>> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=freedesktop.org&component=Bugzilla
>>>
>> Indeed. Furthermore the SWR devs did not see any benefit last time
>> I've asked them.
>>
>> Tim, what's your view on this request ?
>
> imho, I'd generally say it should be more up to the users than the
> dev's (after all we tell them to file bugs at
> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Mesa rather than
> different instructions per driver)

Maybe I wasn’t clear about my opinion when Emil asked before: I’m fine with a swr component in bugzilla if that’s what the people in charge of bugzilla would like.  I come with past experience in mozilla development, where there was concern about the complexity of bugzilla for users filing issues, so didn’t want to clutter up the component list if people weren’t asking for it.

-Tim