[Mesa-dev] GL_ARB_copy_image in OpenSWR?

A223 A223 andj2223 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 19:40:28 UTC 2016

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 11:10 AM, Ilia Mirkin <imirkin at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 1:53 PM, A223 A223 <andj2223 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 10:37 AM, Ilia Mirkin <imirkin at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>>> My guess is that it can just be flipped on. You can force-enable it
>>> with MESA_EXTENSION_OVERRIDE=GL_ARB_copy_image to see if it works.
>>
>> This does indeed get rid of the error. I'm still getting a white clear
>> color in my OpenGL application, and I'm not sure why -- llvmpipe shows
>> black as expected. Perhaps something odd is happening with the
>> glClear* calls. I'll see if I can track down what's going on.
>
> You may want to try it with my tree at
> https://github.com/imirkin/mesa/commits/swr - get rid of the top 2
> commits though, they're not ready for prime time.
>
> I fixed a ton of issues around rendering and whatnot. Clearing is
> still broken if you have multiple RTs though - it'll only clear the
> first one.

Thanks. I gave that a shot but still get white instead of the expected black.
I see now that we're not actually doing glClear() for this, we're just
rendering a black skybox with glFragColor = rgba 0/0/0/1 in the frag
shader.
The oddity here is that if I draw with a slightly non-black color --
say rgba 0.1/0.1/0.1/1 -- It works as expected and I get a very dark
gray.
Again, works fine on llvmpipe but not on swr. I'll continue looking at
it. Let me know if you have any hunches.
Thanks, Andrew