[Mesa-dev] Proposal of date-based Mesa versioning for 2017

Jason Ekstrand jason at jlekstrand.net
Mon Oct 3 09:40:34 UTC 2016

On Oct 3, 2016 12:19 AM, "Albert Freeman" <albertwdfreeman at gmail.com> wrote:

> year.month or year.dayoutofdaysthatyear

Why are we adding more options to an already confused discussion?

> dayoutoofdaysthatyear skips lots of integers quickly: reducing
> confusion of where is release x.(y - something) and better handles
> quick fix releases
> but makes it harder to determine how far into the year the release is
> although with some effort can be converted into an exact date

Quick fix releases are already handled by the stable release system which I
don't think anyone is recommending we get rid of.  Also, I haven't heard
anyone complain that year.quarter (really, year.releaseofyear) isn't
shipping enough integers.  I don't see what problem your suggestion is
solving.