[Mesa-dev] radv initial submission

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 22:29:44 UTC 2016

> It would have been great if the build/integration bits were properly
> split, but I won't sweat too much over it.

I thought they were, all the bits outside src/amd are in this patch really.

I suppose I could move the Makefile.am and Makefile.sources into this
patch to make it easier to review.

I'm going to squash merge all of this anyways.

> That aside there's a few small suggestions:
>  - please don't use pragma once

why not? lots of mesa uses it, 134 instances in my tree now.

>  - whenever possible reference the source where file X/Y is based on.
>  - (patch 3/4) add a comment that libvulkan-test.la is currently
> unused and/or comment it out.
>  - (patch 3/4) drop empty noinst_HEADERS
>  - (patch 3/4) please have all the sources (.c and .h) sorted
> alphabetically in Makefile.sources - ls + sed helps a lot.
>  - (patch 3/4) add a reference, and perhaps keep it in a radv
> README/TODO file, about the latest anv commit the driver is based
> upon.
> It'll be worth when porting newer anv changes.

So far it isn't really based on an anv commit, so I'm not sure there;'s much
value in that, really only the WSI code is a possibility for sharing, and
possibly not even that. I don't see us merging stuff across and back really
ever.

> As a follow up we might want to check that the common headers don't
> get overwritten at install stage (factor out the vulkan_include*
> and/or move to reuse the Khronos ones).

This would be a problem with anv now wouldn't it?

Dave.