[Mesa-dev] General safety of building with O3 instead of O2

Chuck Atkins chuck.atkins at kitware.com
Wed Oct 12 19:40:09 UTC 2016

I'm using Mesa in a "superbuild" scenario where CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS are set
by a top level project that builds many subprojects. They typical settings
for release builds with this is adding O3 to CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS, which in
turn cause Mesa to build with O3.  I haven't noticed any runtime issues
from this but default behavior of Mesa seems to be O2.  Are there any known
issues using O3 for Mesa GLX / OSMesa with llvmpipe and swr?

Thanks
- Chuck
Chuck Atkins
Staff R&D Engineer, Scientific Computing
Kitware, Inc.