[Mesa-dev] [RFC 00/12] egl, i965: Support EGL_ANDROID_native_fence_sync (v2)

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 21:10:04 UTC 2016

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 4:37 PM, Rafael Antognolli
<rafael.antognolli at intel.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 01:47:37PM -0400, Robert Foss wrote:

>> > Yes, we should have tests before committing this feature. I am releasing
>> > any lock I may had held on test writing, as I don't have time to tackle
>> > that this week.
>>
>> Writing the tests is not on my table at the moment. Perhaps some time can be
>> scraped together for it at a later point, but not now.
>
> If nobody has started writing piglit tests yet, and it's OK with you
> guys, I would like to give it a try since I'm also interested in this
> feature.

that would be hugely useful.. I'm not sure anyone else has started on
tests, but they are definitely needed

> Also if I understood correctly, the initial thing to test is whether
> WaitSync and ClientWaitSync respect input fences, right? I'll try to
> come up with a list of other things to test, like invalid fences and so
> on, but if you guys already have a list of things to test in mind,
> please let me know.

I guess API level tests, like can you create a fence w/
NO_NATIVE_FENCE_FD as input, then glFlush(), and then get an fd back
from eglDupFenceFD(), and that sort of thing?  I haven't really given
it much thought yet.

BR,
-R