[Mesa-dev] [RFC] precursor patches to trying to merge radv

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 00:18:02 UTC 2016

On 6 September 2016 at 03:41, Marek Olšák <maraeo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 3:03 AM, Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So currently out-of-tree radv, reuses addrlib (by copying the all
>> the files), and at least wants to share the register and family
>> header files.
>>
>> This is a set of patches to just move those into a shared directory,
>> in advance of proposing that radv goes into mainline at all.
>
> While I'm not against merging radv, I'd like our (closed) Vulkan
> driver to be considered the main and default driver after we open
> source it.

I think when that happens, we can talk about it, until that happens I'm ignoring
the closed driver, as I can't ship it, so it doesn't exist from my current POV.

I will state on record, that I could be convinced to drop radv in the future,
as it's been a really interesting project and great learning experience, but
if something maintainable and open source friendly appears with an open
not thrown over the wall development methodology, then I'd get behind it.

Dave.