[Mesa-dev] [Piglit] Black screen / hang in piglit's spec at ext_texture_lod_bias@lodbias test on radionsi with ubuntu 16.04

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Tue Sep 6 21:12:37 UTC 2016

[-piglit,+mesa-dev]

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 5:03 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> happily running piglit on Ubuntu 16.04 with an AMD W600 card.  No
> system crashes so far :-)
> But I do have an X hang.  Black screen, test hung, but still available via ssh.
>
> I looked in https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?component=Drivers%2FGallium%2Fradeonsi&product=Mesa
> but didn't see this hang mentioned offhand; I assume that's the right place.
>
> Here's what I would file there.  Does this look about right?  Or is it
> frowned upon to report
> hangs from ubuntu releases rather than tip?

piglit@ is for ... piglit. The issue you have isn't with piglit but
rather with the driver. Use either mesa-dev@ or dri-devel@ for that.
The bug tracker link you found is the proper place to file a bug.

While I am in no way connected to the AMD team, I can pretty much
guarantee someone will ask you what a W600 card is, so include lspci
-nn output, and your radeonsi_dri.so doesn't include any debug
symbols, making it harder to see what's going on.

Graphics development pace tends to be quick (which is a polite way of
saying that the drivers suck in various ways but are being actively
improved), so testing with the latest and greatest is definitely
encouraged. Different teams provide different levels of support for
various "old" things, not sure where AMD is at exactly in that regard.

Cheers,

  -ilia