[Mesa-dev] Problem with RX 480 on Alien: Isolation and Dota 2

Romain Failliot romain.failliot at foolstep.com
Mon Sep 19 23:25:59 UTC 2016

> Do you mean the PC is frozen for 2 minutes or just occasional hiccups
> for 2 minutes?

Occasional hiccups for 2 minutes. The game works well, I wander around
and, from time to time, it freezes for a random duration between 2
seconds and 2 minutes (on average I'd say it's 30 seconds) and then
the game continues like nothing happened (the sound still works during
the freeze though).

I played yesterday for instance and I had 10 minutes without any
freeze and then 2 freezes in less than a minute. It's really random,
but it seems to be related to the new places I visit, once I had one
or more freezes in an area, I won't have the freeze a freeze in this
area anymore. That's why I think it could be linked to shader
compilation.