[Mesa-dev] [AppVeyor] mesa master #2241 failed

Jose Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Fri Sep 23 18:11:18 UTC 2016

On 23/09/16 18:26, Dylan Baker wrote:
> Quoting Jose Fonseca (2016-09-23 05:01:12)
>> This seems to have broke Windows builds.
>>
>> It seems this is not only exporting symbols on GLESv2.so but everywhere.
>>
>> It's not obvious how to fix it without basically revering this commit.
>>
>> It's really easy to repro: just install your distro MinGW cross
>> compilers and do:
>>
>>    scons platform=window
>>
>> Can you take a look?
>>
>> If it's not easy to fix, can we at least revert it until there's a fix?
>>
>> Jose
>>

>> On 23/09/16 00:07, AppVeyor wrote:
>>>
>>>   Build mesa 2241 failed
>>>   <https://ci.appveyor.com/project/jrfonseca-fdo/mesa/build/2241>
>>>
>>> Commit e66a2b879b by Dylan Baker <mailto:dylan at pnwbakers.com> on
>>> 9/22/2016 6:30 PM:
>>> mapi: export all GLES 3.2 functions in libGLESv2.so\n\nSee commit
>>> 5921f372c89a68fac6ddefc009442721d9df4db2 for the rational of\nthis
>>> commit.\n\nSigned-off-by: Dylan Baker
>>> <dylanx.c.baker at intel.com>\nReviewed-by: Ilia Mirkin
>>> <imirkin at alum.mit.edu>\nReviewed-by: Kenneth Graunke
>>> <kenneth at whitecape.org>
>>>
>>> Configure your notification preferences
>>> <https://ci.appveyor.com/notifications>

> It looks like scons doesn't build GLES at all, is that right?

There was a "gles" option at some point, but hasn't been tested and
doesn't seem to help:

    scons gles=1

I don't don't mind if we just say "OpenGL implies GLES support" and
enable GLES everywhere.  (On Windows there's
WGL_EXT_create_context_es2_profile so we don't even need EGL to be built
to expose/test GLES.)  But I'm not what / how much work that implies.

And I just checked `configure --help` and there's still a
`--disable-gles1/2` options.  Not sure if it also got rboken or not.

BTW, this repros without MinGW/Windows.  Just `scons` will repro.

Jose