[Mesa-dev] Empty files when dumping hud values selected with GALLIUM_HUD

Edmondo Tommasina edmondo.tommasina at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 10:29:58 UTC 2017

On Apr 4, 2017 11:26, "Julien Isorce" <julien.isorce at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I noticed that GALLIUM_HUD does not write hud values into files properly.

The destination files look empty at least for 5 min and then are filed in
with some burst. I wonder if it could be a problem with the
GALLIUM_HUD_PERIOD which would be wrong when writing values into files. Or
write is not committed or not flushed.

I can see these values properly updated in the pane on screen but
destination files are empty for some minutes.

This is happening with various recent version of mesa + radeonsi. With
older mesa like 12.0.6, it is even worst, the destinations are not created
at all.

Does it happen for anybody else before I fill in a bug ?
TEST:  GALLIUM_HUD=fps+VRAM-usage+temperature GALLIUM_HUD_DUMP_DIR=/tmp
glxgears

-
Julien

Hi Julien

I think this could be a buffering issue.
The values are printed with fprintf, I'm using default
buffer sizes and never explicitly flushing.
This evening I'll try to make it more reliable.

Btw. the dump functionality is not implemented in Mesa 12.

Thanks
edmondo