[Mesa-dev] very strange intermittent frame-dropping

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Apr 4 11:10:27 UTC 2017

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 11:04 AM, Eero Tamminen
<eero.t.tamminen at intel.com> wrote:

>> anyway, apologies: nobody whose applications are affected by this
>> really has a clue where the *actual* bug is so i am escalating it down
>> the chain of library dependencies, making people aware.  it could be
>> X11, it could be mesa, we just don't know.
>

> Does it happen only with the old, non-compositing window managers like
> FVWM2, or also with something newer?

 there's a whole stack of people reporting this occurring, running the
full range of window managers.

> Does DRI2 vs. DRI3 have any effect on it?

 hmm, good question.  i'm running with "DRI" "true" (so don't know if
it's 2 or 3), other people will have different settings.  i run with a
*lot* of applications that are left running 24x7 for days/months at a
time (because they're a pain to shut down and reopen), i'll see if i
can use startx -- :1 or something to try out a different DRI setting.
will get back to you soon.

l.