[Mesa-dev] Anti-aliasing problem using OSMesa

green we wegatron at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 21 06:25:06 UTC 2017

I tried to use OSMesa to do offscreen rendering, refer to the osdemo and the tutorial here: http://www.alecjacobson.com/weblog/?p=2827
There are obvious serrations on the edge of the model.
 I have tried these solution but all failed, can any one gieve me some suggestions? the solution I have tried:
1. Using post processing -- pp_jimenezmlaa
    the result is not good enough.

2. Try to using MSAA by FBO, but the multisamled fbo can't be created correctly.
    Detail desctription here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/43532454/osmesa-gl-framebuffer-incomplete-attachment-error-when-create-a-multisampling-fb

3. Try to modify the sampling function in mesa, according the thread: https://sourceforge.net/p/mesa3d/mailman/message/24438334/ ,  set the stop = 16 and add exit(__LINE__) in the function.
but it seems the function is not used anymore.

The mesa swrast AA triangle code is in src/mesa/swrast/s_aatriangle.c
and s_aatritemp.h
The compute_coverage() functions (different versions for RGB vs. CI
mode) basically count how many sub-pixel samples lie inside the
triangle for each pixel.  A jittered 4x4 sample pattern is used.  You
could probably increase the number of samples to improve AA quality a
little.
-Brian

Thanks!
wegatron at hotmail.com