[Mesa-dev] LLVM build issue on r299777

Marek Olšák maraeo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 19:19:53 UTC 2017

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 7:54 PM, Juan A. Suarez Romero
<jasuarez at igalia.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2017-04-28 at 14:15 +0200, Nicolai Hähnle wrote:
>> On 28.04.2017 13:08, Eric Engestrom wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm currently running llvm r299777 but I have no idea when this was
>> > changed.
>>
>> Yeah, you'll just have to upgrade LLVM (or downgrade to LLVM 4.0).
>> This
>> sort of thing unfortunately happens occasionally when running LLVM
>> trunk
>> and Mesa master. I currently have r301197 here, and I'm not aware of
>> any
>> brokenness.
>>

> I hit this same error when building using LLVM 5.0.

Note that Mesa only supports LLVM release branches and the tip of LLVM
master. Older versions of LLVM master are unsupported. If you want to
stay on Mesa master, you either need to switch to a release branch of
LLVM or keep updating LLVM master.

Marek