[Mesa-dev] No reloc for i965

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Fri Aug 4 19:22:19 UTC 2017

Quoting Kenneth Graunke (2017-08-04 19:47:14)
> On Friday, July 21, 2017 8:36:42 AM PDT Chris Wilson wrote:
> > Patch reordering from last time so that the cosmetic tweaks are done first
> > and out of the way. Kenneth has reviewed the core NO_RELOC patches, so
> > hopefully it doesn't look too bad and we can land at least as far as
> > there (patch 8/10).
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Chris
>
> I split up some patches and pushed a modified version of this series.
>
> To ssh://git.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/mesa
>    5c007203b73..6c530ad1160  master -> master
>
> Thanks a ton for getting us to NO_RELOC.  I really like the new reloc
> flags system as well.  It's so much nicer!

I've still got to win you over to using LUT indices (kernel side, there
shouldn't be any case where it is worse, but the differences are easily
dwarfed in typical cases where it is only about 10% faster, but any
reduction inside the struct_mutex is a must), I see, and the per-context
bo along with removing the auxiliary render_cache set...

But now for something completely different...
-Chris