[Mesa-dev] Mesa support GLES 3.1 status with compute shaders

Tapani Pälli tapani.palli at intel.com
Mon Aug 7 11:56:32 UTC 2017

Hi;

On 08/07/2017 02:15 PM, Yuan, Feng wrote:
> Hi,
>
>        What’s the status of GLES 3.1 compute shaders support in Linux
> and Android.

It is supported.

>        Which branch/version start this support?  and which Intel
> platforms are enabled.  Is there any benchmark data in SKL/APL?

GLES 3.1 landed somewhere during Mesa versions 11.x so you very likely
have it on your machine. I'm running Fedora Linux on Haswell and it is
supported. It is also supported in Android-IA.

I'm not sure about specific benchmark for compute shaders but I do know
that starting from version 3.1 GFXBench utilizes compute.

> Thanks,
>
> Wind

// Tapani