[Mesa-dev] Mesa support GLES 3.1 status with compute shaders

Yuan, Feng feng.yuan at intel.com
Tue Aug 8 05:23:21 UTC 2017

Hi,

> On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 9:45 AM, Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 7 August 2017 at 12:56, Tapani Pälli <tapani.palli at intel.com> wrote:
> >> Hi;

> >> It is supported.

> >> GLES 3.1 landed somewhere during Mesa versions 11.x so you very
> >> likely have it on your machine. I'm running Fedora Linux on Haswell and it is
> supported.
> >> It is also supported in Android-IA.

Any news about Android-O? which Mesa version will be there?
Is Android version same as Linux on GLES/SL?

> >> I'm not sure about specific benchmark for compute shaders but I do
> >> know that starting from version 3.1 GFXBench utilizes compute.
> >>
> > Different generations got GLES3.1 support at separate Mesa versions.
> >
> > For example, in Mesa 12.0 we had
> > - OpenGL ES 3.1 on i965/bdw+ (Broadwell and later)
> >
> > while with Mesa 13.0
> > - OpenGL ES 3.1 on i965/hsw
> > - OpenGL ES 3.2 on i965/gen9+ (Skylake and later)

Any Linux kernel or libdrm version dependency for build?
Do I need special options for configure?
I have a hsw with Ubuntu 16.04/kernel 4.10.0, which mesa version is better to try?

> You might also be interested in
>
> https://people.freedesktop.org/~imirkin/glxinfo/#b=version&g=Intel%20Skylake%20
> (HD%205xx)&p=es
>
> (use the top navigation to select different hardware, or change the breakdown back
> to gpu to see multiple gpu's for a single mesa version)

That's very helpful for me. Thank you:)

Thanks,
Wind