[Mesa-dev] [PATCH 01/11] mesa: add UseSTD430AsDefaultPacking constant
tarceri at itsqueeze.com
Thu Aug 17 11:02:58 UTC 2017
This will be used to enable the STD430 layout as the default for
UBOs and SSBOs with layouts of shared/packed rather than STD140.
src/mesa/main/mtypes.h | 9 +++++++++
1 file changed, 9 insertions(+)
diff --git a/src/mesa/main/mtypes.h b/src/mesa/main/mtypes.h
index 49eb7d54bd..e6b726834f 100644
@@ -3837,20 +3837,29 @@ struct gl_constants
* for older platforms that supports a limited number of texture
* indirections--on these platforms, unpacking the varyings in the fragment
* shader increases the number of texture indirections by 1, which might
* make some shaders not executable at all.
* Drivers that support transform feedback must set this value to GL_FALSE.
+ * UBOs and SSBOs can be packed tightly by the OpenGL implementation when
+ * layout is set as shared (the default) or packed. However most Mesa drivers
+ * just use STD140 for these layouts. This flag allows drivers to use STD430
+ * for packed and shared layouts which allows arrays to be packed more
+ * tightly.
+ bool UseSTD430AsDefaultPacking;
* Should meaningful names be generated for compiler temporary variables?
* Generally, it is not useful to have the compiler generate "meaningful"
* names for temporary variables that it creates. This can, however, be a
* useful debugging aid. In Mesa debug builds or release builds when
* MESA_GLSL is set at run-time, meaningful names will be generated.
* Drivers can also force names to be generated by setting this field.
* For example, the i965 driver may set it when INTEL_DEBUG=vs (to dump
* vertex shader assembly) is set at run-time.
More information about the mesa-dev