[Mesa-dev] Mesa 17.1.7 release candidate

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Sat Aug 19 21:56:01 UTC 2017

On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 11:37 AM, Andres Gomez <agomez at igalia.com> wrote:
> nouveau's nv50 has gotten a fix for a problem involving ConstantFolding
> with saturation that was visible in Hitman Absolution and, possibly, in
> some other games. Also, it has gotten fixes for the srcMask
> computation, for TG4, TXF and TXQ.

When you see commits like "nv50/ir", this is in reference to the
codegen compiler, which is used for all nv50+ GPUs. You could say
"nouveau's codegen" or just plain "nouveau". nv30/nv40 gpu's don't use
those, but having perfect precision in these notes is next to
impossible. If an issue is strictly for e.g. nvc0+, despite being in
the compiler, I'll mark it as nvc0/ir or even gk110/ir or whatever.

Having better release notes is a double-edged sword... they're more
informative, but you're also on the hook for getting all the details
right, and it's hard to be an expert on every driver.

Cheers,

  -ilia