[Mesa-dev] TGSI 16-bit support

Nicolai Hähnle nhaehnle at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 14:50:31 UTC 2017

On 25.08.2017 13:58, Marek Olšák wrote:
> Nicolai,
>
> Have you thought about switching to NIR for radeonsi completely to get
> 16-bit support? We need NIR support anyway for spirv, right? Would be it
> be easier than adding 16-bit support into TGSI, glsl2tgsi, and tgsi2llvm?

Well. What's missing from the NIR path is:

(1) GS and tess (the ABI parts only)
(2) re-adding some minor extensions (shader_group_vote?)
(3) fixing all the bugs -- it's been a while since I've done a piglit
comparison

There's a bunch of unknowns, so it's hard to say, but once we're there
16-bit should be much easier, so may be worth it.

Cheers,
Nicolai
--
Lerne, wie die Welt wirklich ist,
Aber vergiss niemals, wie sie sein sollte.