[Mesa-dev] AMD WX7100 screen display problem on AArch64 architecture server.

Lvzhihong (ReJohn) lvzhihong1 at huawei.com
Wed Dec 13 06:46:15 UTC 2017

Hi,
       We met a problem on ubuntu17.10 for arm server with amdgpu(AMD RADEON PRO WX7100),  we use open source driver which are integrated in ubuntu17.10. And the architecture is AArch64-linux-gnu.
         we install :
             apt-get install xserver-xorg xinit xfce4 and mesa-utils glmark2
         we start x server :
              startx
         and then the monitor shows the screen and the screen is blurred( something wrong).
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D3741E.29071FD0]
         And I have tried some opengl applications, the output has same problem.(something is missing or  in the wrong place.)

         But in a x86_64 architecture server, with same OS. The screen output is normal. (I check xorg\DDX\mesa\libdrm etc.all the versions are the same with aarch64 server.)
What I have done:
         1、I upgrade kernel to 4.15-rc2 ,upgrade DRM to 3.23,upgrade DDX to 1.40,upgrade mesa to 17.2.6, but the problem still exist.
         2、I enable ‘shadowprimary’ option, the screen output became normal, but the performance drop quickly――glxgears drop from 4800fps to 600fps, glmark drop from 4300 score to 730 score.

         I doubt there are something different in aarch64 and x86_64 but I don’t know.
         Any Advice or trial  suggestion are welcome.
         Thanks.

Rejohn.